2021 Fostoria Farmers’ Markets
The Fostoria Farmers’ Markets were hosted by the Fostoria Garden Club in conjunction with the Fostoria Area Chamber of Commerce & Visitor’s Bureau for the last ten years under the direction of Carol Kinn. In 2020, Carol contacted us to let us know that she planned to retire from the market manager role at the end of the season. We wish to thank Carol and her committee for their creative ideas and countless hours spent in developing what has become a very successful market in Fostoria.
As the Community Development/Tourism Director, Michele Cochran has taken the lead role in managing the Fostoria Farmers’ Markets in 2021. You may contact her at 419-435-0486 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Be sure to Like and Share our two official Facebook pages: Fostoria Farmers’ Market and Fostoria Farmers’ Market Online Sales!
2021 Fostoria Farmers’ Market Schedule & Special Activities
The markets will be held from 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. on the grass lot at the corner of East Tiffin and South Main Streets in Fostoria on the following dates in 2021. Check back as more details are currently being worked out for special events coinciding with our Farmers’ Markets!
- May 1 – “Celebrate Moms” – sponsored by Geary Family YMCA
- The YMCA Leaders Club will be hosting a fun activity and photo opp for kids. Plus, A Shot In The Park Photography will offer FREE photos of moms and kids.
- May 15 – “Let’s Go Gardening” – sponsored by Don Cochran, Realtor: Dye Real Estate and Land Company
- Don will offer a free flowering plant to attendees, while supplies last.
- June 19 – “Dads & Kids” – sponsored by Clouse Construction Corp.
- Join us for Fostoria’s First Barn Quilt Festival with demonstrations on barn quilt painting and a walking tour of barn quilts throughout downtown Fostoria! In addition, Lenny Clouse of Clouse Construction will be hosting a drawing at 11:45 for great prizes including a grill, bicycles, and more. Must be present to win!
- July 17 – “Christmas in July” – sponsored by Flippin’ Jimmy’s
- Stop by for a complimentary Faygo pop or bottled water from our sponsor, while supplies last as well as a chance to win a $50 Flippin’ Jimmy’s gift card.
- August 7 – “Healthy Living” – sponsored by ProMedica Fostoria Community Hospital
- Our sponsor will be offering free blood sugar screenings and have a nurse practitioner on hand to answer any questions. Plus, check out their healthy food demonstration with snacks, courtesy of their Sodexo food services team! In addition, the Seneca County General Health District will be on-hand to provide COVID-19 vaccines for anyone who is interested.
- August 21 – “Fostoria’s Heritage” – sponsored by Great Lakes ACE Hardware
- There will be a lot of activities in downtown Fostoria this day! Stop by our sponsor’s booth for a free bottled water, while supplies last, as well as a chance to enter their drawing!
- In addition to the Farmers’ Market, the Fostoria Area Historical Society is hosting a car show, antique show, games and ice cream social and the St. Wendelin Parish is holding a Mini Fest with bratwurst, beer, live musical entertainment and more!
- September 4 – “Arts & Crafts” – sponsored by Fostoria Community Arts Council
- September 18 – “Harvest Happenings” – sponsored by Mennel
How To Participate As A Vendor:
- Vendors who wish to sell home-produced goods at the Fostoria Farmers’ Markets must comply with Ohio Department of Agriculture’s Cottage Food Laws. The following website provides an overview of what products may be sold and how they are to be labeled. Before completing a Market Application to participate, please review : Ohio Department of Agriculture Cottage Food Laws for Farmers Market
- Be sure to download the Cottage Food Production Operation Fact Sheet, which was updated on November 2020.
- VENDOR’S LICENSE: Ohio law requires any person or business making retail sales of tangible personal property or taxable services to register for sales tax by obtaining a vendor’s license. The following website explains how to Register for a Vendor’s License or Seller’s Use Tax Account
- ST 1 T Application for Transient Vendor’s License
COVID Safety Protocols:
Vendors should follow the guidelines outlined in the Director’s Amended Order for Social Distancing, Facial Coverings, and Non-Congregating (issued April 9, 2021). It can be found at https://coronavirus.ohio.gov/static/publicorders/amended-directors-order-for-social-distancing-21.pdf.
We will maintain 6’ distance between vendors’ displays and ask customers to stay at least 6’ away from people standing in line for another vendor.
- Vendors and customers that have a fever, cough, or other possible signs of coronavirus should stay home.
- Vendors and customers must wear a mask outdoors when they are unable to consistently stay at least six feet away from people that they don’t live with. (Children under ten years of age are not required to wear a mask, although many younger children are able to do so.)
- There should be clearly visible signage requiring all persons to wear a facial covering. There is specific text that the signage must include, so I recommend downloading one of the signs created by Ohio Department of Health. These can be found at Facial-coverings-sign.pdf (ohio.gov); facial-coverings-sign2a.pdf (ohio.gov); and facial-coverings-sign2b.pdf (ohio.gov).
- Individual vendors should have hand sanitizer and sanitizing products readily available for vendors/employees and customers.
- Vendors and customers should avoid gathering in groups so that they can maintain social distancing.
- Vendors and customers should continue with the other safety precautions that have been in place throughout the pandemic:
- Wash hands with soap and water for at least twenty seconds as frequently as possible or use hand sanitizer.
- Cover coughs or sneezes (into the sleeve or elbow, not hands).
- Regularly clean high-touch surfaces.
- Avoid shaking hands.
Updated August 12, 2021